In Washington State
The hillside trams system has been approved for use across the entire state of Washington. This system features:
- Dual pulling cables rated over 18,000 lbs. of safety.
- Class "A" instantaneous safety brake.
- In car controls with emergency stop button.
- Interlock gate locks for the car and landing gates to ensure safety even for small children.
- Lexan sheeting on the car to allow good visibility while still keeping children and passengers hands inside.
- Dual limit switches at the top and bottom of the tramway which gives a backup system for stopping.
- A mechanical over speed governor.
- A bumper at the bottom.
The system shown here is the hillside tram and is the system described above. The hillside tram is the nicest track tram available. This system is approved for use in the state of Washington, as well as in Oregon, California, Idaho, Nevada, Colorado, Arizona and every other state we have had the opportunity in which to install one. This picture also shows a "mid-mount" motor, which is in the middle of the tram as opposed to the end.